Thursday 9 July 2009

Chromed out rims

Sat in the departure lounge on my way to Venice via Zurich. I've recently received a couple of positive emails about my theory on the New Enlightenment. I think last nights announcement by Google about their new Chrome OS will prove useful to me. It's well documented as a challenge to the existing operating systems out there and the focus on cloud based software, open source style programming and mobility may be a good starting point to introduce "the cathedral and the bazaar"(google it *winks*) as a means to greater understand the impact Googles venture will effect.
I understand we may well just be substituting one monopoly on information with another but please forgive me, I'm only 'Humean' after all :-/ !
Sent via BlackBerry® from BT

No comments: